Twin-Star Home Furnishings Celebrates Kitchen and Bath Month Bathroom Cleaning Tips: The time when family and friends gather inside your home to celebrate the holidays is just a leap away, and we wanted to help you get ready by providing a few bathroom cleaning tips in the spirit of National Kitchen and Bath Month. Here are a few tips for getting that bathroom sparkling clean, so that even Mr. Clean would be satisfied.
- Cleaning tile grout- Cleaning tile grout is always a difficult task that requires a lot of elbow grease. Our favorite cleaning method is to spray hydrogen peroxide on the grout, and then sprinkle a decent amount of baking soda on top of it to create a paste. Use a scrub brush to scrub away the dirt, and rinse with water when finished. To save your arm from falling off from all that scrubbing, we recommend using an old electric toothbrush that spins in order to help get the most of your cleaning. Seal the grout with soy oil or linseed oil to keep the grime out.
- Cleaning tile and glass doors- Cleaning glass doors and tile with a bunch of soap scum can be an exhausting task. Thanks to our recipe, the scrubbing is minimal and it leaves your shower or tub looking brand new. Mix together dish soap and vinegar in a spray bottle (¼ dish soap to every ¾ vinegar). Make sure not to shake too much or the mixture will be too foamy to go through the spray nozzle. Spray the mixture over the soap scum-ridden area and wipe the entire surface with an old sponge or scrub brush in a circular motion. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, and then rinse clean with water.
- Cleaning shower heads- Showerheads can be a breeding ground for tons of bacteria, and can release harmful fumes into the air that you breathe in when showering. To clean showerheads, simply grab a plastic grocery bag, fill part way with vinegar, tie the handles around the top of the shower head so that the showerhead is soaking completely in the vinegar, and let sit over night. Remove the bag, discard the vinegar down the drain (also a drain cleaner!) and rinse the showerhead clean.
- Maintain the cleanliness- After showering or bathing, make sure to rinse the sides of the shower or bath off and squeegee clean any glass surfaces. This will keep your bathroom clean and shiny.
- This adorable squeegee gives a fun play on the common clothes hanger. Easy to store in your shower, this squeegee is perfect for preventing water spots and soap scum from collecting in your shower or bath.
- This functional trash can allows the common plastic grocery bag to be reused in all its glory. With two slots to hold plastic grocery bags in place, this waste basket is the perfect addition to any home.
- Have you ever had a great idea come to you in the shower just to forget it later? Don’t let it happen again with this waterproof notepad. Write yourself reminders, great ideas, and much more while in the shower!
- For anyone tired of looking at an unsightly toilet brush can feast their eyes on this unique rendition of the common toilet cleaner. The design makes this a cute little addition to your bathroom and keeps the toilet brush out of sight and out of mind.