Delray Beach, FL., May 17, 2013 – Twin-Star International is once again acknowledged as an award-winning home furnishings manufacturer of fine quality furniture. This year they received seven highly esteemed ADEX Awards. Receiving top Platinum honors is the Astoria electric fireplace. Gold honors goes to the Baldwin Desk and the Lakeland home entertainment fireplace. The Millennium home entertainment console, Beverage Cooler, Dakota Desk Pier and Axel bathroom vanity all received Silver honors for 2013.
“It is a great privilege to be recognized with one ADEX Award, let alone seven,” stated Brian Brigham, Twin-Star director of marketing and public relations. “Our talented in-house designers and engineers combine their vast knowledge of furniture designs with the latest in consumer trends so we can continually offer an array of innovative and diversified home furnishings.”
ADEX, the Award for Design Excellence, is the largest and most prestigious award program for home, office, hospitality furnishings and building materials marketed to the design trade. ADEX entries are judged on usefulness of the application, originality and innovation, technical merit, their effect on the global environment, feasibility of the design, efficient use of energy, innovative use of components, cost optimization and clarity of supporting documentation. The top designs are given Platinum, Gold or Silver awards and are featured in the April issue of the international Design Journal.
Twin-Star is a seasoned veteran when it comes to receiving ADEX Awards with their first two, a Platinum and a Gold for electric fireplaces, received in 2006. They have earned a total of 26 ADEX Awards including nine Platinum, nine Gold and eight Silver Awards for not only electric fireplaces but also for bathroom vanities, home entertainment consoles, wine coolers and a kitchen island.
The Twin-Star ADEX Award winners for 2013 are:
Astoria – Platinum Award
– The Astoria wall mantel combines luxurious, old world charm with expert craftsmanship. It has a solid dark emperador marble top with an Empire Cherry finish. Applied molding with decorative corbel center, carved column capitals, half round corners and the marble surround with decorative metal fire grate crown the Astoria with its unique, unforgettable character.
Baldwin Desk – Gold Award
– The mahogany finish Baldwin Desk has a retractable table resting on furniture grade casters that rotate 180 degrees to create a flexible and expanded work space. The right side of the desk has two cabinet doors that open to reveal adjustable shelves for storage while the left side has two smaller drawers and a large file cabinet.
Lakeland – Gold Award
– The traditional style Lakeland home entertainment fireplace console combines TV, component and media storage with a 28″ ClassicFlame Electric Fireplace Insert surrounded by engineered slate and a kick out hearth base. The hearth sits above a beveled molding base. Lakeland is available in a Roasted Cherry Finish.
Millenium – Silver Award
– The Millenium brings in a new era of entertainment centers with is integrated audio and video capabilities. The integrated sound bar includes four speakers, two tweeters and rear facing passive bass ports to provide a rich audio experience. Built-in iPod dock allows for audio and video streaming from iPods and iPhones, and wireless Bluetooth technology allows audio streaming from a wide variety of mobile devices. Open center shelves, side storage cubbies, and wide center drawer provide abundant storage capacity. Millenium is available in a Caramel Birch finish.
Beverage Cooler – Silver Award
– Made from the finest hardwoods, the beautiful cabinet features a built-in beverage cooler that is perfect for keeping drinks cold at bed side, home office or simply next to the sofa. Its thermoelectric technology makes it quiet and vibration free and it’s environmentally friendly since it contains no toxic refrigerants or ozone depleting chemicals. The Beverage Cooler is available in three finish options: Premium Oak, White and Drifted Oak.
Dakota Desk – Silver Award
– The Dakota Desk Pier is designed in the Arts and Crafts style and is highlighted by its distinct hammered metal door and drawer pulls. Other features include drop down work area with non-slip surface and a top storage area with windowpane glass front doors. The lift door storage area under the worktable is perfect for printer storage while the bottom drawer is set up for file storage. The Dakota has a stand for use with any tablet and a built-in charging station with a power strip and USB outlets.
Axel – Silver Award
– The Axel vanity has a solid Carrara Marble countertop with integrated basin that is carved from a single block of marble. Shown in faux-alligator upholstery with chrome nail head trim, Axel adds drama to any bathroom. The self-closing drawer is perfect for storing toiletries. Complete the look with the available matching mirror.
Founded in 1996, Twin-Star International, Inc. of Delray Beach, Fl., is changing the way people entertain. Twin-Star, an award-winning home furnishings manufacturer of quality furniture, combines the latest trends with function and style to create unique pieces that enhance the lives of their customers. They use the finest hardwoods, wood veneers and finishes available, chosen specifically to match the character and need of each individual piece. Known for their ClassicFlame® Fireplaces, the finest furniture in the electric fireplace industry, their line-up also includes Duraflame®, Chimney-free® and Pro Electric Fireplaces, Tresanti® Media Consoles; Tresanti® Refrigerated Wine Cabinets; Tresanti® Kitchen Islands and Beverage Curios; Black & Decker and Luxe™ Bathroom furniture. Find out more at www.twinstarhome.com. ]]>